- Halve and stone the nectarines. Chop them coarsely.
- Simmer the fruit for about 10 minutes until the fruit is soft.
- Crush the chopped nectarine with a potato masher
- Add the jam sugar into the fruit. Increase the heat and boil the mixture rapidly.
- Cook the jam until it reaches 107°C.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat
- Lightly skim off any scum from the surface of the jam
- Pour the jam into warmed sterilized jar to within 5mm of the tops. Seal the jar and label
Visit Palm Court and experience the best afternoon tea in london.