Almond and Hazelnut Crescent with white Chocolate
|200g||White, milk or dark chocolate|
- Cream the butter for 4 minutes with a blender.
- Add in the yolk and cream for 1 minute.
- Add in the flour, ground hazelnut, ground almond and vanilla essence then mix until it comes together.
- Remove the dough from the machine and knead on the table until it forms a ball.
- Rest overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, divide the dough to 10g, roll each 10g dough ball into a 5cm tube.
- Bake in the oven at 150°C for 12-15mins until it is lightly golden in colour.
- Place on rack and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and coat ½ of the cookie.
Tips for baking
- By sieving flour, ground almond and hazelnut before using it helps remove impurities .
- By sieving icing sugar you remove lumps that can affect the texture of cookies.
- Melt chocolate with a water bath with a gentle heat. Keep stirring to prevent burn.
- For best result do not over handle the dough.
by Cherish Finden
Executive Pastry Chef in Palm Court, home to afternoon tea.